Thursday, February 4, 2010

Extra, Extra, Read All About It!

Wow, its been a long time. I am so sorry about that. I have been a little stressed and distracted lately, and it dawned on me yesterday how long it has been since I've updated the blog. So I'll start with a little update of what's been going on around here.

Its hard to believe that in less than a month Weston will be 1 year old. He has been doing a lot of cute things. He is in full running mode now. He especially likes to go to the park and explore but will have nothing to do with holding my hand, so we can't really take a stroll down the street and back until he gets a little less stubborn about that. He loves to eat, but he has also become a little more picky, sometimes poking his tongue out at food that he has always liked because of the way it looks, refusing to taste it. Wes is now into everything! He is super strong and loves to climb, which means that nothing in the house is safe from his grasp. He enjoys screaming, now, and babbles around the house, too. The other day while eating lunch the neighbor dog started barking. When we told him that was the dog he actually said "dog" twice! After taking a break from things like waving bye-bye and playing "so big" he has started doing them again with enthusiasm. He also occasionally blows kisses. He warmed our hearts while doing a video chat with daddy (away on business), when Kurt said bye he waved and blew a kiss without any prompting. I cried, what a sweetie.

Kurt and I went on a trip with his company to Laughlin last weekend. It was a nice time to get away, had a little fun learning how to play roulette and keno, only spending $30 and breaking even in the end, and enjoying some super yummy food. The next company trip is something to look forward to, a week long cruise of the Carribean (which happens to fall on our 5th anniversary). I am so proud of Kurt for all of his hard work and this will be a nice refreshing break for him, even though it will be tough to leave Wes for that time.

This morning on a walk with Wes and Bella I saw what I thought could make some great photos, so I went back home and picked up my camera. Im going to go back tomorrow with my mom to try to get some better shots (its a little hard alone since Wes is so fast, by the time I set him down and run back to take the picture he is almost out of the frame, Im just not that fast at setting up my shots). Here is my favorite from today.

1 comment:

Josey and Kelly said...

What a beautiful picture! You have a great talent there and what a handsome, cute little boy who's getting to be so big!!!