Monday, August 17, 2009

6 Month Check Up

Wes had his 6 month check up today. Wes' favorite part was playing with the paper on the table he sits on, he has a blast with it, crawling up and down the table and hitting and kicking the paper. His least favorite part, well, lets just say that when the doctor started checking his breathing he started to whimper and it got worse from there, I honestly think he correlates the stethoscope to future pain (ie-shots).
 It was fun to see how Wes has progressed  with his weight and height and to see how he is doing developmentally according to the doctors desires. Wes weighed in at 18 pounds 10 ounces (75%) and is 28 1/4 inches long (95%).
 It was a lot of fun to tell his doctor what he has been doing lately, he asked if Wes was rolling over and I told him that he's crawling, he said, "you mean an army crawl with his stomach on the floor," and I explained that he was doing a real crawl, he seemed pretty surprised. Then he asked if he can sit up and for how long and I told him that he can sit up indefinitely and that he can even sit himself up from the laying down position and he nearly had to pull his jaw up off the floor. He told me that Wes is doing everything physically that a 9 month old should be doing and that he will likely be walking at 9 months... yikes! Wes is behind, on the other hand, in his speech development, so we will keep an eye on that over the months ahead. 

Wes was also cleared to start eating a whole lot more variety. I introduced him to sweet potatoes today, he wasn't really a fan, but we'll keep trying. 

No comments: