Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Colorado-Day Three and Home

My last full day in Colorado we went to the zoo. Before the zoo we went Wes found one of Stacie's headband and put it on, lol. One of the really cool things at their zoo is that you get to feed the giraffes. I was really excited for Wes to get this opportunity, but he was super scared and would only bury his head in my chest when we were close. We also stopped by the playground at the zoo. Wes of course went straight for climbing. Later that night Pat took care of the kids so we could have some fun girl time. He took them on a two hour bike ride! For our fun girl time we decided to go shopping, which is soooo much easier without a bored toddler. We found some great deals in Gymboree and also got to browse in some other stores. The flight home went so well, I actually teared up in joy at the end. First Wes and I got our own row to ourselves. He was so excited to have room to move and play with his cars. When we took off I had to hold Wes in my lap and he fell asleep and stayed asleep the entire time. It was so special to have two hours of cuddle time with my normally wiggly boy. To top it off, one of the flight attendants was one of the funniest guys I have ever met and at the end of the flight some actor I've never heard of got up in the front of the flight and proposed to his girlfriend.


It was such a great trip and great time with an old friend. I am so glad we were able to go.

No comments: