Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Colorado - Day One

Well, as you may be able to tell from my lack of posting, I haven't been feeling so well lately, but I am feeling a little better each day and hoping to get back to regular posting (as well as actually getting stuff done around the house, lol). A couple of weeks ago I had the privilege to go visit my college roommate, Stacie and her family, hubby Pat and kiddos Baily (23 months) and Bryce (3 months) in Colorado. Praise the Lord, I felt pretty good while I was out there and had a great time catching up and seeing Colorado.

I was super nervous for the 2 1/2 hour flight, Wes is all boy and not inclined to sitting still for more than 30 seconds. Armed with lots of fruit snacks, lollipops, brand new matchbox cars and a portable dvd player, the flight went much better than I thought it would, with only a few quick screams from Wes. Of course, he fell asleep seconds before we landed and stayed asleep through baggage claim and for most of the ride into Colorado Springs.
Shortly after getting on the road we hit a major storm that lasted for a while, so our first night was spent in, which was just fine with Wes. It was like Christmas for him with all these different toys to play with.
Before bed we were able to video chat with Kurt (who was out of town as well). Wes and Baily both thoroughly enjoyed that.


No comments: