Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Prego update

I went to the doctor yesterday and they took me off work, yay, so that I will be able to rest. Work was definitely hard, my feet were swelling a ton and not being able to sleep well anymore made it even harder. Fortunately, the swelling has nearly disappeared since my last day of work last Friday, so it should definitely help. Unfortunately, the sleep has not gotten any better, but that is unavoidable and typical at this stage of pregnancy. 

The doctor is also concerned that I may be at risk for hypertension and toxemia (preeclamsia) so they will be keeping an eye on that. So far I am fine and the doctor said that rest should also help keep this condition at bay. 

The doctor said that Wes is ready to go, according to measurements he is a tall boy. In her words, "the sooner he comes the better." I'd like him to wait a little longer, though. =)

3 comments:

Keara said...

I'm glad that you're off work! What a blessing! I'm sure it's really nice to have the rest that you need. :) Keep us updated about your health. :) Can't wait to meet Wes. :)

Josey and Kelly said...

Kellie, we're so excited for the three of you!!! We'll be praying for a healthy and good labor and delivery. Can't wait to see more on your blog when he arrives!!!

Josey and Kelly said...

P.S.~ In case you don't have one...I just discovered the Moby Wrap for carrying the baby, it's amazing...we have a baby bjorn, but this is WAY better and more comfy/beneficial for mom and baby. www.mobywrap.com :)))